Looking for ways to learn more about mental health and wellness in 2020? Here are some great wellness tips and blog posts to help you learn more on your wellness journey.
Mental Wellness During COVID
- Trauma Resilience Amid & Post Covid.Here is a video, we did on cultivating resilience during these shared trauma responses during COVID. Also, we’ll be reflecting on what childhood trauma does to the body, and ways to move through the trauma for a healing post-trauma life.
- Mental Wellness During COVID IsolationMaintaining Mental Wellness During Covid Isolation can be difficult. We are all experiencing a “collective trauma,” so it is important that we first recognize this. While we might be more adaptive to our environment now, there is still some grieving from loss of normalcy and routine that we may also be experiencing. Now that we have … Read more
- Do I need Therapy?Do I need a therapy…Or when should I see a Therapist? Everyone experiences periods of stress, sadness, grief and conflict, especially during this pandemic. When we experience these very normal emotions, it can be challenging to determine when it may actually be time to see a therapist, and when it is just a situational moment … Read more
- Anti-Racism ResourcesOppression is traumatic. Inequality is traumatic. Marginalization is traumatic. Discrimination is traumatic. Bullying is traumatic. Racism is traumatic. New research shows trauma caused by discrimination can create disturbances in the organization of the self mediated by shame. We put together some resources for how to do anti-racist work. Ibram X. Kendi’s Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive … Read more
- What Happens in an EMDR Therapy Session?What is an EMDR Therapy session? Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a safe trauma treatment to psychotherapy that has been practiced in the U.S. and around the world for the past 25 years. It integrates many successful elements of a range of therapeutic approaches, yet there are aspects of EMDR that are unique. In particular, … Read more
- 4 Strategies for Staying Calm Amid COVID-19Staying Calm With Anti-anxiety Tips Amid COVID-19 Like you, we’re closely monitoring the quickly developing effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. I share your pain for the losses and massive disruption you have incurred over the past week; and will continue to incur as social distancing and closing mandates continue. We put together 4 strategies … Read more
- Does Remote Therapy WorkAre you considering online, remote therapy? The internet has opened up new avenues for mental health treatment, but there are some pros and cons you should consider before you decide if e-therapy, also known as teletherapy, is right for you. A Good Option for Remote Areas Online or remote therapy offers access to mental health information … Read more
- Does EMDR Work with Trauma?EMDR Therapy
- How Childhood Trauma Impacts Adult RelationshipsWhat are the impacts of childhood trauma on my adult relationship, today? Childhood experiences are crucial to our emotional development.
- How Much Does Therapy Cost?How much does therapy cost in 2020? The cost for therapy is one of the greatest barriers to mental health treatment. While the cost of therapy is a very real concern, it is often possible for people to access free or low-cost therapy, especially if they live in large metropolitan areas. Average Cost of Therapy … Read more
- PTSD and TraumaAre you searching for a PTSD and trauma therapist in Austin, but don’t know where to start? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s discuss more about this, now. What is PTSD and Trauma? First, if you are searching for a PTSD and trauma therapist in Austin, it may seem overwhelming. Trauma and PTSD may be … Read more
- How to Find a Therapist in AustinIf you’re wondering how to find a therapist in Austin or central Texas, you’re in the right place. Here are some helpful insights to consider before you dive into your search for a good Therapist in Austin.
- Trauma Therapist in AustinTrauma is a word that we hear frequently in our society. Although it is often used, what does it really mean and how does it affect people? Read on for more information about trauma and how a to find a trauma therapist in Austin can help you cope and heal. What Is Trauma? Trauma is different based on … Read more
- What are Symptoms of DepressionFirst, what is Depression? Depression is a disorder that affects both the mind and body. Over 16 million Americans suffer, which shows how prevalent this disorder is in our society. Additionally, it can be a tricky thing to diagnose. Often, the person suffering won’t even know that they are depressed. If you suspect you may … Read more